Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dave and Alli announce they will be Parents!

My brother is going to be a Dad. I am thrilled for Davo and Alli ... and cannot wait ... Alli is only 4-5 weeks pregnant and so my niece / nephew is going to be born in about February 2011. They tolD Mum yesterday and she nearly broke AlLi's ribs with her hug.

Both of them came over last night with Melissa and Dave and baby Saxon; Matt and Bec and baby Harmony. Davo practised his Dad-skills - he'll be alright!

We will be eating burgers for a week - there's so much left over!!! I think I can make the leftover mixture into a pie, but this involves baking ... and it might be beyond me.

You see I completely make my recipes up, and have no idea what quantities I use .. so sorry if these recipes are no use to you whatsoever. Craig joked last night about my hit and miss experimental cooking and he's right ... very often we have to throw the concoction away and get pizza.

I can proudly announce, however, that I am three for three .... the last three meals I made which are all posted on http://d4rose.blogspot.com - have been successes. This was clearly a simple case of cookery so let's not mince words (get it?) and pretend we're on MasterChef .... still it tasted good and when served with love, laughter and a healthy dose of scotch, bourbon, beer and wine (and the other condiments!!) it makes for a heartily contented little old me.

Ostensibly the shin-dig was for Ben' birthday and the donut cake (which was "made" by me as further evidence that I can't bake! Make a pyramid of donuts and stick candles in it...)) was quite cute with it's eleven candles upon it. We regailed him with a horrifying rendition of Happy Birthday (we all start at different times and sing it as loudly and off-key as possible, peeing ourselves laughing the whole way through). This was David and Alli's first experience of Happy Birthday for this side of my clan ... at first Davo thought we were starting it like a choir - with harmonies and the like ... well no. He stands corrected. Ben was delightedly embarrassed.

So filled with happiness right now ....

No comments:

Post a Comment