Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunshine birds

I am sitting in my back yard while Rose brings me the river stones from the little garden bed. She asks me which ones are my favorite? It is a hard question to answer as they all have a smoothness, or a roughness, or a pattern.

We can hear the birds singing, chirruping, yes, tweeting. The air is cool and clear as is the sky.

Five swift birds, shoot across towards the west(ish) and the sun glints, once, then twice from their wings, with an inspired light. Oh, I don't know how to describe it! They moved so fast and the light was just a glint, but felt so magical!

There they go again! Four of them, shooting like stars in the pre-dusk light. What do they seek? Or, is it just fun, racing across the sky and singing to their friends?

I do note, that Seraphina, the beautiful puss, stares with flinty-blue eyes as the pretty birdies rush past. I think she wishes she can fly. Her ears prick forward as I too listen to the loveliness.

I am waiting for the full moon to appear. Rose will probably howl at it. I like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment