Friday, January 6, 2012

Love and light

On this magical day, we left the heart-warming, sweat-inducing (great chili and curry, Miss Libby .... Check out www.libby-cooks.com to discover the talents of Libby Riches) comfort of our dear friends' home in Apollo Bay and wended our way back down the Great Ocean Road, towards the Queenscliff ferry.

Rose and I were barefoot, wet-bottomed, sea-salty hairstyled. Craig had meticulously brushed the sand off his feet, had declined the plunge in the icy estuary and, has no hair. So, it was pretty much styled the best way possible!

We chatted and laughed and looked at the immaculate blue sea on our right, loving the sound of crashing waves and the smell of salt.

When we stopped at Airey's Inlet, Rose and I held hands and ran for the waves! We jumped and cavorted and Craig took photos as I practiced my Baywatch run along the beach.

In the rock pools, we discovered some magnificent sea-shell specimens. Collecting them is a passion, along with rocks washed by the ocean. They now adorn my home, and will remind me of one of the happiest, light filled, relaxed and free days!

No comments:

Post a Comment